Doyon Utilities provides excellent career opportunities for motivated individuals. As the primary utility provider for the U.S. Military in Alaska, we offer stability and opportunity even in uncertain times. If you want to be a part of a work family that values professionalism, dedication, collaboration and innovation, we're the right company for you. A Company culture that will make you feel right at home.
A Brief Overview
This Administrative Assistant manages the company's front lobby area and common office areas, as well as serves as the primary person that answers incoming calls and receives and directs all guests. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to include the processing of incoming and outgoing correspondence, assist with the maintenance of the electronic file management system, project coordination, preparation and finalization of correspondence, invoice and credit card routing and processing, travel and transportation, and special projects.
What you will do
Please note this job description is not intended to cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Answer a multi-line phone system, direct calls, and greet visitors; when possible, respond independently and take/relay incoming messages and place outgoing calls as needed.
• Provide administrative support and communicate effectively with Corporate and Site Management, and Doyon Utilities personnel.
• Responsible for ensuring common areas are maintained in a professional manner.
• Responsible for sorting, logging, and distribution of incoming communications and processing outgoing mail, this includes faxes and DU info emails.
• Maintain files utilizing records and document management systems.
• Prepare routine correspondence and presentations from handwritten notes, dictated materials, or as directed orally.
• Arrange travel and coordinate transportation.
• Monitor and maintain office supply inventory and assist with purchasing, as necessary.
• Arrange meetings and conferences assuring complete information is available as required.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Conditions of Employment
Doyon Utilities will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. Accommodation requests should be made, in writing to the Human Resources Department.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact 907-455-1500.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Doyon Utilities is committed to delivering safe and resilient utility services with an emphasis on reliability and efficiency. Our employees are committed professionals in their fields and passionate about what they do and the customers they serve: the United States Military. Inherent in our mission is modernizing facilities; employing best utility practices that reflect leading industry standards; and operating as vigilant stewards of the environment while ensuring the health and safety of our workforce and our customers